The process for being granted a Bio-based content certificate is described in the road map. Certified organizations are included in the register.
• The applicant contracts a certification body and a testing laboratory which is recognized by the certification body.
• The testing laboratory analyses the sample and submits the test report to the applicant.
• The applicant submits required information and test report to certification body.
• The applicant submits information and sample to the testing laboratory. This can also be done on behalf of the applicant by the certification body.
• The certification body validates the data and submits a report to applicant.
• If the outcome is positive, then the applicant receives the certificate and is listed in central register of certificates.
• The applicant is allowed to use label for bio-based content claims on products and packaging according to the rules specified in the certification scheme.
• The applicant maintains its quality assurance system to ensure compliance with the certification requirements.